I believe that the future will follow one of these potential outcomes:
Potential Outcome #1: Major deflation (Robert Prechter’s long term projection)
We would incur a major decline in everything. 1929 would look easy compared to this one. Run for the hills with a bag of silver/gold pieces and a gun.
Potential Outcome #2: Inflationary depression (Jim Puplava’s long term projection)
Buy commodities and buckle your chinstrap.
Potential Outcome #3: A long term Zig-Zag (U.S. 70’s repeat or Japan 1990-current)
No major pain, up-down-up-down-up-down-up; buy a leisure suit, crank up the Led Zeppelin, and grow a beard…..it will be a long ride
Potential Outcome #4: Young/Old new president
He wow’s the country with his “change” vision and extensive plan and the credit orgy continues into the future. Party on Garth!!!!
If a meltdown is certain, I vote for the short painful one versus the long dragged out one. Consult your Japanese friends on this one.
“If the Bear Market continues (which I think likely) sooner or later it takes down even the strongest companies. “ Warren Buffet March 2008
I’m betting on Puplava’s forecast of massive inflation. Buy some Krugerrands and interest in an oil well.
· Oil: $150/barrel before $50/barrel
· Gold: $1500/ou before $500/ou
· Dow Jones Ind. Avg.: 5000 before 15000
· Next ten years will be the toughest we’ve ever experienced in our lifetime
· Next twenty much tougher than last twenty
· Next fifty much tougher than last fifty
· Military draft: within ten years, probably 5
· Brett Favre won’t be playing for the Jets next season
· Paris Hilton’s career tanks
· Saints win the Superbowl in 2010!!!
It ain’t all bad…………..