Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's A Party In The USA

One of the great challenges of parenthood is having to listen to your children's music! I still remember my dad yelling when he finally got tired of hearing Aerosmith on the 8-track player, "turn that crap off!". Recently on a family roadtrip, we did our I-pod "song rotation" where each person gets to pick a song. We used to do three songs each, but that appeared to be too painful to all of us. My daughter picked her latest Hannah Montana song, "Party In The USA". Yes, believe it or not, but I'm quoting Hannah:

"So I put my hands up. They're playing my song. The butterflies fly away. Noddin' my head like yeah! Movin' my hips like yeah! I put my hands up. They're playing my song. Ya know I'm gonna be okay. Yeah! It's a party in the USA! Yeah! It's a party in the USA!"
Hannah Montana

I recently told the story of the party and I still have to say, "it's been a lot of fun....definitely, one for the ages."

No comments: