Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Experts

I've been amused over the past few years when I hear everyone speak about global warming. It's amazing how many people with no training or real education on the subject have become well versed in the complex science of climatogy. Today we seem to have many new experts on our country's constitution, economics, and influenza. When I received this joke via email today, I thought, "yes, that sums it up for me!".

"A stranger was seated next to a little girl on the airplane. He turned to her and said, 'Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.' The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger, 'What would you like to talk about?' 'Oh, I don't know,' said the stranger. 'How about nuclear power?' and he smiled. OK, ' she said. 'That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet, a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?' The stranger, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.' To which the little girl replies, 'Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know crap?"
Source: Unknown

No comments: