Saturday, January 15, 2011

Who Shot The Sheriff?

Last Saturday afternoon after watching the Tuscon shooting news story develop live, I made a post about it. I presented the comments made by the sheriff, Clarence Dupnik, during his news conference.  I've reposted those below.  While listening to him speak, nothing seemed political to me.  I admire him for "telling it like it is".  I believe that he provided his description of declining mass social mood.  It was amazing to watch the Fox News Militia attack him all week.  The "big baffoon", Rush, took him on.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. Let me just say one thing, because people tend to poo-poo this business about all the vitriol that we hear inflaming the American public by people who make a living off of doing that. That may be free speech. But it's not without consequences."
Clarence Dupnik, Pima County Sheriff

No comments: