Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day Thoughts

This might be the most interesting election since 2008.  It will be the most interesting mid-term election in some time.  The mob will ascend on the voting booths in record numbers I think.  I voted early last week to avoid the frenzy.  As I stood in front of the voting machine I thought, "do I just vote Libertarian with one quick click or click it one by one?".  I still claim to not belong to any party, but my presidential vote for Ron Paul in 2008 still looks like the best one. So I kept my direction consistent.

As I predicted for 2008, "change" will be the main theme.  Not the "change" that political posters speak to, but change of the people in power.  The mob is angrier than ever so they'll try to throw out as many incumbents as possible.  The Tea Party is still just a light version of what is to come.  It's almost comical at this stage.  The funny part is that the Republicans will "pound their chest" in victory only to be ousted the next time.  It will be a viscious cycle for some time.

Doesn't the fact below indicate that something is seriously wrong with our system?  $140 million??  Just think what some charities could do with $140 million?

"Republican Meg Whitman has spent more than $140 million so far on her campaign for California governor, nearly $40 million of it during the last three months, she reported Tuesday.  The amount the billionaire former eBay chief executive has spent on advertising and political consultants, most of it from her personal fortune, stands in sharp contrast to Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown, who reported Tuesday that he has spent $10.7 million this year, nearly all of it since Labor Day."
Source: Huffington Post

"Incumbents beware."
Random Roving, January 1, 2010

No comments: