Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Post Analysis on 2002-03 Gold

In 2000-2001 I read Jim Puplava's "Storm Series" and it really impacted me. He presented an incredibly thorough and data-supported analysis of the state of the world economy. Following that, I bombarded my friends with tidbits from his website. I had caught the "commodities bug".
The Storm Series:
http://www.financialsense.com/series2/perspectives2.html

The chart below provides a post-analysis of his forecast. The arrows represent the timing of my PUPLAVA "email alerts".


From: Kirk A. Barrell [mailto:kbarrell@geodynamic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:21 AM
To: Kirk A. Barrell
Subject: Gold/Silver

interesting article on precious metals....sounds similar to the petroleum supply/demand picture...
http://www.financialsense.com/Market/archive/2003/0929.html


From: Kirk Barrell [mailto:kbarrell@geodynamic.com]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 9:51 PM
To: Kirk Barrell
Subject: RE: Big banks are next on list of free-falling stocks. Some good gold articles here…


http://www.financialsense.com/metals/main.htm


From: Kirk A. Barrell [mailto:kbarrell@geodynamic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 4:20 PM
To: Kirk Barrell
Subject: RE: reading
you better start buying up that gold and oil!!!



From: Kirk Barrell [mailto:kbarrell@geodynamic.com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 10:19 AM
To: Kirk A. Barrell
Subject: There's Gold in Them There Hills!!

some light reading for the weekend!!!
http://www.financialsense.com/stormwatch/update.htm

From: Kirk Barrell [mailto:kbarrell@geodynamic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 8:38 AM
To: Kirk Barrell


Subject: RE: markets

Implosion is the only word I think of when I read the news in the morning. At this point, even trailing earnings are in question due to the bogus numbers. So do we even know what the PE's are? I told Michelle this weekend, it's kind of like it used to be in the airport when you arrived early and you sat there and watched all of the "latecomers" running to there flights. My advice is to sit back and watch things unfold. If I had some cash outside of retirement accounts I would be shorting and buying gold (the real stuff).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moral of the story? It might be time for golds next big move...... $2000/ounce???


No comments: