Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Working On A Dream

It sometimes seems like yesterday when my sister invited me in 1980 to roadtrip to Baton Rouge on a school night to see Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band play live. After four hours, Big E, Monkey, and I exited the Deaf Dome exhausted. Unfortunately, this was my first concert and I later found out that all rockers don't play for four hours.

At 58, Bruce seems like he's just gaining momentum. He made a strong endorsement for Barack Obama and played many benefits last year. He, along with just about every other star, performed for the inaugural celebration.

Today he released his 16th record, "Working On A Dream". The first listen sure sounds good, but then again, I'm very biased. He delivered "The Rising" right after 9/11. This upbeat record has been released at a good time. Enjoy! And don't forget to watch the Superbowl halftime show. I guarantee that there won't be any wardrobe malfunctions!!





No comments: